Q: Do I have to take my vehicle to the insurance company's recommended shop?

A: No. Some insurers only recommend shops that offer the insurer a discount for sending the customer there. Bob Moore Collision will probably not be the cheapest shop, but you will get a quality repair at a fair price. The insurance company is not allowed to discriminate against you if you choose to take your vehicle to the shop of your choice. "Steering" is illegal and you should report any company that tries to force you to use a particular shop. YOU own the vehicle. YOU choose the shop.

Q: Do I have to get three estimates?

A: No. There is no law in Oklahoma that requires you to get estimates. Some insurers may want you to visit their drive-in claims office. You can do this or simply choose the shop you want to repair your vehicle and take it there. The adjuster can go to the shop to inspect your vehicle. Note: Never drive a vehicle that could be unsafe due to damages.

Q: Where do I get a claim number?

A: Your insurance company will give you a claim number when you report your accident. Be sure to bring it with you when you drop off your vehicle or call it in to us if your vehicle is towed in. The staff at Bob Moore Collision will do the rest.

Q: What's a total loss?

A: A total loss occurs when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company's determined value of your vehicle.

Q: Why is there a difference in estimates from different shops?

A: Differences are common. Lower estimates may not include all the necessary work to ensure your vehicle is returned to pre-accident condition. Using lower-quality parts and materials will also affect the price. Bob Moore Collision will repair your vehicle using high-quality parts and materials at a fair price.

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?

A: Bob Moore Collision accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, insurance checks, cashier's checks, cash, and personal checks with valid driver's license. We do not offer any type of payment plan.

Q: What if the check has a lien holder's name on it?

A: The lien holder must endorse the check before we can accept it. The lien holder will usually want proof that the vehicle has been repaired before signing the check. We can usually help with this by providing documentation or pictures.

Q: Can the insurance company leave the lien holder's name off the check to avoid the hassle?

A: Yes. Most of the time, the insurance company will include the shop's name instead of the lien holder if you ask. This is much more convenient for everyone. If the check has already been issued in your name and the lien holder's name, you can ask the insurance company to reissue it in the manner described above.

Q: Do I have to pay a deductible?

A: That depends on your policy. Usually, if you were not at fault and you carry broad collision, the insurance company will waive the deductible for you. Also, if you are a claimant (the accident was the other person's fault) and the other person is insured, you will not owe a deductible. You can check with your agent if you're not sure.

Q: Who do I pay the deductible to?

A: If you owe a deductible, you must pay the shop before your vehicle can be released.